Tenstrings Music Institute is the largest music school in Nigeria, with study centers in Ikeja, Lekki/Ajah, Surulere, Festac Town, Port Harcourt and Abuja; with plans to open more centers in other major communities across the country. Tenstrings has trained over 15,000 students from 16 countries over a period of 15 years.
Tenstrings is duly registered and accredited by the appropriate government agencies in Nigeria and is affiliated to several reputable universities around the world. We are also incorporated in the UK and operating there as “Africa Heritage Academy Uk Ltd”.
Our programs cover two specific areas: Music Performance and Music Production. We have over ten different courses in these two key areas spanning different durations and depths. Depending on the amount of time at your disposal and the skill level you want to attain, we have programs from three months to two years in length.
Tenstrings was founded to cater to the needs of young music artistes who desire to build careers in contemporary music (Hippop, Reggae, R&B, Gospel, Jazz, Rock, Highlife, Afrobeat,etc) by equipping them with an all-encompassing music & business training. This is the reason the institute adopts what is called a dynamic curriculum (we are constantly adjusting our course contents & delivery to align with global trends in contemporary music business).
At Tenstrings, our students stand a high chance of succeeding in their career because we match training with opportunities. We work hard to give our students the experience and platform that emulates the real world they’re dreaming of launching into. Tenstrings is a home of multiple opportunities! We are the owners of other business and social enterprises such as; BuyInstruments.ng, Lagos School of Design, Naijamusic247.com, Tenstrings Music Management and Promotions Company, and many other initiatives that our students benefit from.
- To innovatively help you realize your dream of becoming a successful contemporary musician. To raise musicians and music professionals who will be truly successful and will continuously remain relevant in the ever changing global music market
- To employ the best of innovation and global best practices in helping our students trace their way to sustainable STARDOM.
- To raise role models who will become giants in music & general entertainment business, and propel the African entertainment industry to global limelight.
- Our strength lies in individuality and flexibility in attending to each and every one of our students. People learn music for different reasons, shared success comes only when the learner achieves a sense of fulfilment at the end of their program with us.
- Our curriculum and teaching methods are based on most recent developments and international best practices in music training. We deliver our training services through well groomed, hands-on, reputable professionals and using world-class facilities.
- We are motivated by the huge amount of talented young people spread across Africa, and we accept the great honour and responsibility to be in a position of service to build these talents and prepare them to for a successful future.
- We are inspired by the enormous power of music – it is strong enough to positively turn our communities around and empower young people for life-long success.
- Despite growing economic challenges around the world, the entertainment industry everywhere in the world has continued to thrive, and in some cases serving as a bailout for many. We at Tenstrings believe that through innovation and hardwork we can leverage on this consistent growth in the industry to build a formidable music sector in Africa.